Chainsaw Training & Assessment
L.I.T.A. currently delivers Workplace Trainer courses, these courses are designed to provide participants with the skills to plan, deliver, administer and evaluate training needs and training programs in their workplace to a Nationally Accredited Standard
Duration of the course is 2 days of classroom based training and on the job assessments.
The Workplace Assessor Training is designed to explain the principles of competency based assessments to identify and/or develop a range of assessment tools, and to conduct a valid and reliable evaluation of a person’s workplace task performance to National and/or Industry standards.
Duration of each course is 2-3 days of classroom based training and on the job assessments
Units come from Cert IV Training and Assessment Training Package (TAE40110) which is also delivered by L.I.T.A.
- Operate and maintain chainsaw
- Operate a mobile chipper/mulcher
- Trim and cross cut harvested trees
- Harvest trees manually (Basic)
- Harvest trees manually (Intermediate)
- Harvest trees manually (Advanced)
- Trim and cross cut felled trees
- Cross cut material with hand held chainsaw
- Maintain chainsaw
- Operate a pole saw
- Fall trees manually (Basic)
- Fall trees manually (Intermediate)
- Fell trees manually (Advanced)
- Fell small trees