RTC2304A Operate and maintain chainsaw
This course is designed for those who are seeking training in the basic operation and maintenance of chainsaws. The main users who undertake training in this course come from councils, vineyards, government users, casual operators and contractors.
The duration of the course is two days, with a classroom theory component, followed by a practical demonstration with extensive student practice in:
- Safety features and safe use of a modern chainsaw
- Maintenance and sharpening
- Correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Risk assessment of cutting situations in the workplace
- A range of Cutting Techniques